MK Cat Rescue was launched in May 2015 by (from left to right) Carole, Annie, Stewart and Claire. All had volunteered in cat welfare for other cat charities but wanted to set up a local cat charity, one where cats always came first, and would be community based.
Having established the charity, it became clear very quickly that their experience in handling strays, ferals and knowledge of caring for pregnant and nursing queens was invaluable.
As of April 2017, we have now re-homed over 140 cats and kittens, and established connections all over the UK helping to re-home senior cats and FIV+ cats with significant success.
Along with the founding members, we have another 40 fabulous volunteers – a team who all have a love of cats, and a passion to do what is right for them. Every cat is treated with respect and compassion. Every penny donated to us, goes straight to their care.
If you’d like to volunteer, we would love to hear from you! From fundraisers to fosterers, we love to hear from new people who want to help.
“I have been lucky enough to work with MK Cat Rescue since 2015. The founders have a wealth of experience in caring for homeless cats. The volunteers are a professional, but more importantly caring group of people who do an amazing job in looking after Milton Keynes’ cats.” – Andre Cilliers, Director, Milton Keynes Veterinary Group.
- We never put a healthy cat to sleep unless they have a serious physical or psychological issue – or on the advice of a vet.
- Average length of stay at MK Cat Rescue is two months before being re-homed.
- All cats are neutered, micro-chipped, vaccinated, vet checked, and given flea and worm treatment.
- We receive no funding from Government and are an independent charity, relying solely on donations from the public.
- We raise money to pay for our vet bills and keep all our administrative costs as low as possible.
- We will make reasonable attempts to find the owner of a stray cat.
- We will neuter stray cats where no owner has been found
- We will re-home stray or unwanted cats.
- We will provide support and advice on cat welfare.
- We will respond promptly and in a kind and supportive manner to enquiries to our charity by members of the public.
- We will make all efforts to help cats in our community.
Thank you for visiting our website!
Registered Address: 107 Windsor Street, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5AN