Part of being a cat owner, is ensuring they are kept as safe as possible. Especially, with cats who can access outdoors and may wander or go missing. Ensuring your cat is microchipped is a responsibility that is heavily encouraged.
Key reasons for microchipping your cat:
- Provides a very safe, permanent form of identification
- Increases the chance of being reunited with your cat if they go missing.
- Procedure is quick, painless and inexpensive.
- Increases the chance of being informed if they are involved in an accident.
- Reduces the number of unidentified strays.
The month of June is dedicated to raising awareness for microchipping. Whilst it is not currently a legal requirement for cats to be microchipped. But it is essential to ensuring your peace of mind and a safety aspect for your cat.