We are looking for a Grants Officer to join our team.
Each year local and national organisations award grants to help support a wide range of projects. We would like someone to come on board who will identify potential areas where additional funding could be obtained by way of a grant. This crucial role will help to expand the charity to its full potential, and make a big difference to the cats in our care and how we help them.
You can make a difference
As Grants Officer, we would like you to establish a good working relationship with both locally run support groups, and also national groups (such as Pets At Home’s Support Adoption for Pets). You will need to be someone who cares about cats, who has bags of enthusiasm and who would enjoy being part of a positive, supportive, small team. You will receive regular information relating to the work that we are doing in the community and the cats that we are helping.
What the role involves
- Identifying potential grant opportunities for the charity
- Checking that applications meet the funding criteria
- Assessing applications against any rules that apply
- Providing regular updates to the trustees on grants, while monitoring their progress
- Working closely with our Trustees and Publicity Officer
- Keep accurate records of applications and liaise with the Treasury Officer about payments
Skills and experience which are expected and /or can be developed in this role
- Good communication skills
- Confident dealing with the public
- Knowledge of local community networks would be an advantage
- Basic accounting and budget management
- Knowledge of IT systems and creating databases
- Information gathering
- Enthusiastic and fun attitude
This is a new role so we aren’t sure but we expect about one hour a week.
How you will be supported
You will work closely with other volunteers including the Trustees. We will ensure you have a positive volunteering experience.
How to apply
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a bit about you and providing your phone number so we can give you a call.