Today is International Cat Day! A great day to take the time to give your cat an extra cuddle or treat… and to spare a thought for all those cats in need.
Here are 10 great ways to celebrate this special day, dedicated to all things CAT!
- Spend a little extra time with your cat. Take a moment today to give your cat some extra love and attention, a few of their favourite treats, and play with their favourite toys.
- Don’t have a cat? Have room for another? Why not consider adopting a new feline family member? We have cats in care, waiting for a lovely new home. Find out more >
- Consider becoming a cat fosterer – we need more fosterers right now, read more here >
- Give your cat some pampering; most cats enjoy a good brush and this reduces fur around your home, and nasty hairballs for your cat.
- Take photos of your cat and share them with us on our Facebook page (we love to hear from fellow cat lovers!)
- Have a clear out around your home and donate bric-a-brac to us: we can sell items at our events and all money raised helps cats in need.
- Is your cat microchipped? Are their vaccinations up to date? How about their flea treatment? If the answer is no, take a moment today to book them in at the vets.
- Bake some cat-shaped cookies or cat-themed cupcakes to share with your family and friends.
- Do you own cat socks? Maybe a t-shirt? Whatever you’ve got, today’s the day to wear it with pride and show your love of cats!
- Donate £: if you can spare a few pennies, we – and more importantly the cats in our care – would really appreciate it, however big or small the donation.
Happy International Cat Day!