Every year so many animals get scared when fireworks are let off and often there is a large influx of cats that escape or find themselves lost having been scared by fireworks.
So our top tips:
· Make sure your cat is microchipped and your contact details on the chip are up-to-date.
- · Keep them in after dark
- · Try to avoid leaving your cat on its own – whilst they may not want you fussing around them they will feel safer if you are at home.
- · If you have to leave the house leave a radio or tv playing to drown out the display
- · Keep all windows, curtains, doors and cat flaps closed/locked.
- · Feed your cat before the fireworks start, a full belly may help them feel clam and tired
- · Think about investing in Feliway (releases calming pheromones into the air which help comfort your cat)
Whilst trying not to be a bunch of party poopers; this is the law on fireworks:
- · You must not throw fireworks (including sparklers) in the street or other public places
- · Fireworks cannot be set off after 11pm and 7am. Only exception is Bonfire Night itself when the cut off is midnight or New Year Events.
- · Fireworks are on sale from 15 October to 10 November, 26 to 31 December and 3 days before Diwali and Chinese New Year
We’ve identified the following events in our area, if you know if anymore please post them up.
31 October 2015:
- Gulliver’s Land Fantastic Fireworks
- Milton Keynes Village Fireworks (fireworks start 7pm)
- Bourton Park Fireworks
1 November 2015:
- Campbell Park Display starts 7:30pm
- The Olney Group Fireworks Night, Recreation Ground (off East Street) starts 6:30pm
3 November 2015:
- Bletchley Park – Blitznight starts 5pm ends 20:30
7 November 2015:
Winslow Lions Club Firework Display – fireworks start 7pm